Twice-baked Spinach PotatoesFrom chuckieb 5 years ago
How to make it
- Prick the potatoes with a fork a couple of times and bake them in a 350F oven for one hour.
- Remove from oven and slice the top of the potato off horizontally so that you open up the main potato below almost like a boat.
- Gently remove the potato pulp from the top of the potato you've just removed and gently scoop out the potato pulp from the rest of the potato as well. Leave a bit left in just to help add rigidity to the shell and you don't want to make a hole in the potato where it would leak!
- Now in a bowl mash the potato pulp up with margarine and evaporated milk or whatever it is you like to mash potatoes with.
- Add the cheddar cheese and spinach to the potato mixture and mix well.
- Now scoop up all that yummy, spinachy potato mixture and put it back into the potato shell.
- Bake for another 40 minutes until the potato is nice and hot and crispy golden brown on the top!
The Cookchuckieb Ottawa, CA
The Rating2 people
Those look really good. Thanksmrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it
I made this tonight. It was excellent. I loved it. I added Parmesan cheese on top. Added a pic. Thank you for a great recipe. More posted in IMI moremrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it
Delicious! What a nice change from a plain baked potato!!a1patti in Salem loved it