Twice-baked Spinach PotatoesFrom chuckieb 3 years ago
How to make it
- Prick the potatoes with a fork a couple of times and bake them in a 350F oven for one hour.
- Remove from oven and slice the top of the potato off horizontally so that you open up the main potato below almost like a boat.
- Gently remove the potato pulp from the top of the potato you've just removed and gently scoop out the potato pulp from the rest of the potato as well. Leave a bit left in just to help add rigidity to the shell and you don't want to make a hole in the potato where it would leak!
- Now in a bowl mash the potato pulp up with margarine and evaporated milk or whatever it is you like to mash potatoes with.
- Add the cheddar cheese and spinach to the potato mixture and mix well.
- Now scoop up all that yummy, spinachy potato mixture and put it back into the potato shell.
- Bake for another 40 minutes until the potato is nice and hot and crispy golden brown on the top!
People Who Like This Dish 23
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- Cosmicmother Red Deer, Canada
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- justjakesmom Everett, WA
- oylander Ottawa, Canada
- AndyandNila Boston, Sweden
- chloi121 Where They Do It The Best, New Jersey
- sweetstacia Hutto, TX
- Plus 13 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookchuckieb Ottawa, CA
The Rating2 people
Those look really good. Thanksmrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it
I made this tonight. It was excellent. I loved it. I added Parmesan cheese on top. Added a pic. Thank you for a great recipe. More posted in IMI moremrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it
Delicious! What a nice change from a plain baked potato!!a1patti in Salem loved it