Copycat Sizzler Malibu ChickenFrom frankieanne 1 year ago
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin shopping list
- 6 slices cooked ham shopping list
- 6 slices swiss cheese shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 Tbs water shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 Tbs butter shopping list
How to make it
- Stir egg and water together with a fork. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish and put the breadcrumbs in another. Coat each chicken piece in the flour, dip into the egg/water mix and then coat with the breadcrumbs – pressing crumbs in firmly.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Brown chicken 4 to 5 minutes on each side. While the chicken is cooking, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place browned chicken on a cookie sheet or oven proof platter. Top each piece with a slice of ham and then a slice of cheese. Bake until the cheese melts – 5 to 7 minutes.
The Cookfrankieanne Ukiah, CA
The Rating5 people
Just to let you know....I make this at least once every two months. At least. LOVE it! It's on our menu this evening too. Tossed salad on the side and blueberries and pomegranate seeds with Lemoncello for dessert. :)chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
This looks super yummy Frankieanne! I've never heard of Sizzlers, nor Malibu Chicken but I do adore Chicken Cordon Bleu and I'm there if it's easier! :) Yummy post, great pic, can't wait to try!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
Great sounding recipe! A reconstructed cordon bleu! Thanks for posting!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it