Copycat Sizzler Malibu ChickenFrom frankieanne 4 years ago
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin shopping list
- 6 slices cooked ham shopping list
- 6 slices swiss cheese shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 Tbs water shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 Tbs butter shopping list
How to make it
- Stir egg and water together with a fork. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish and put the breadcrumbs in another. Coat each chicken piece in the flour, dip into the egg/water mix and then coat with the breadcrumbs – pressing crumbs in firmly.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Brown chicken 4 to 5 minutes on each side. While the chicken is cooking, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place browned chicken on a cookie sheet or oven proof platter. Top each piece with a slice of ham and then a slice of cheese. Bake until the cheese melts – 5 to 7 minutes.
The Cookfrankieanne Somewhere, Else
The Rating5 people
Great sounding recipe! A reconstructed cordon bleu! Thanks for posting!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
I LOVE Malibu Chicken!!! I used to order this @ Sizzler years ago...thank you for sharing :)NPMarie in Magalia loved it
This sounds so good. I rarely have ham in the house, but I will pick some up to try this. Always have b/s breast and swiss around. Looks like the perfect amount, too : ) Thanks for sharing Frankiemrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it