Crispy Baked Sweet Potato FriesFrom DetroitTokyo 4 years ago
How to make it
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into uniform pieces about the size of medium fries (not thick steak fries or shoestrings). Let soak in a bowl of water for 1-4 hours (not mandatory but recommended).
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Put about 1 tsp of cornstarch in a plastic bag and add pieces equalling about 1 potato. Twist the top of the bag so it forms a sort of balloon and shake around to distribute cornstarch. The potato pieces should be lightly dusted with cornstarch all over. Add more if needed.
- Place dusted potato pieces onto a non-stick baking sheet in one layer, leaving a bit of room between. Repeat with remaining sweet potato.
- Drizzle olive oil over potatoes - starting with about 1 tbsp. Season as desired. Use your hands to distribute oil & make sure they're well coated. Add more oil as needed.
- Rearrange on baking sheet, making sure to leave room between each one. The more space they have the crispier they'll get.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until desired crispness is reached.
- These are delicious served with a variety of dipping sauces, from something as simple as honey to a Sriracha mayo or Horseradish Dipping Sauce.