Moist And Delicious Turkey MeatloafFrom DetroitTokyo 2 years ago
- 1/2 cup ground oatmeal (gluten free) or bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard + 1/2 tsp shopping list
- 2 tbsp dry white wine shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- sea salt, to taste shopping list
- black pepper, to taste shopping list
- Mrs. Dash original seasoning, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place ground oatmeal and milk into a small bowl to soak.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter and melt. Add shallots and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add garlic and cook an additional minute, stirring. Remove from heat. All to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine ground meat, egg, oat & milk mixture, shallots & garlic, 2 tsp mustard, wine, lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash. Mix well to combine.
- Prepare a baking dish with cooking spray. Shape into loaf. Place in oven and bake for 50 minutes. Brush remaining 1/2 tsp of Dijon all over loaf. Return to oven and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Wait 10 minutes before cutting into meatloaf.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
The Rating3 people
What a great photo, DT. Ive never tried turkey meatloaf. This will have to be my first. Thanks for sharingmrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it
Was planning to make this tonight using a different recipe but then saw yours and of course I had to try yours. YUM. If I can keep myself out of it I'll serve it for dinner this evening. Thanks for sharing DT! :)ducky20536 in loved it
This lives up to its name! It is moist and delicious. I actually was surprised how moist it was. The only difference I did was I added some brown sugar to the mustard for the top and I didn't have any Mrs. Dash. I thought I did, but I didn't. Add...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it