Sweet CornbreadFrom pointsevenout 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400*. Spray or grease a 9" round cake pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients, whisk well.
- In another bowl combine wet ingredients, whisk well.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before baking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- You can use an 8" square cake pan. Up the temperature to 425*F and bake for 25 to 30 minutes and do the toothpick thing.
- You may reduce the sugar content to 1/4 c if you like.
People Who Like This Dish 35
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
The Rating9 people
Almost like what I make, except I use Splenda instead of sugar due to hubby's diabetes. It's good, and I drizzle honey all over my cornbread.rodeogirl73 in Tacoma loved it
I make this, too! I use self-rising cornmeal and flour, and less sugar, but I'm sure I started with the way you have it. Good stuff!sweetwords in Raleigh loved it
Oh, I didn't know this recipe was posted to the site! This is VERY good and VERY easy! I made this today. The only changes I made was to use 1/2 the sugar and I only used 1 Tbls. of baking powder. I used milk instead of buttermilk. I baked it in a bu...morelilliancooks in Long Island loved it