Sweet CornbreadFrom pointsevenout 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400*. Spray or grease a 9" round cake pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients, whisk well.
- In another bowl combine wet ingredients, whisk well.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before baking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- You can use an 8" square cake pan. Up the temperature to 425*F and bake for 25 to 30 minutes and do the toothpick thing.
- You may reduce the sugar content to 1/4 c if you like.
- If you don't have buttermilk powder (available at Walmart), sub 1c buttermilk and don't use the 1c water.
People Who Like This Dish 35
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
The Rating9 people
Almost like what I make, except I use Splenda instead of sugar due to hubby's diabetes. It's good, and I drizzle honey all over my cornbread.rodeogirl73 in Tacoma loved it
I make this, too! I use self-rising cornmeal and flour, and less sugar, but I'm sure I started with the way you have it. Good stuff!sweetwords in Raleigh loved it
Oh, I didn't know this recipe was posted to the site! This is VERY good and VERY easy! I made this today. The only changes I made was to use 1/2 the sugar and I only used 1 Tbls. of baking powder. I used milk instead of buttermilk. I baked it in a bu...morelilliancooks in Long Island loved it