Spiced Vidalia Onion BakeFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 8 cups of vidalia onions chopped shopping list
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup of self-rising flour (as all Southern cooks have in the pantry) shopping list
- 1 small can of diced green chilies shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper shopping list
- 1 generous cup of cheddar jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- 3/4 cup of crushed cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 stick of sliced butter to mix in the topping shopping list
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add onions and cook five to seven minutes to just wilt.
- Mix onions, flour, jalapenos, salt and pepper and 3/4 cup of the cheddar jack cheese.
- Put in casserole dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Crush the crackers into crumbs (I've used saltines/goldfish/Ritz at different times and all have been a success)
- Mix the cracker crumbs with cheese and 1/4 stick of butter, crumble with fingers and cover the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
Wowser...so different and soooo yummy!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
Really yummy! Will totally make again and often! Lots of flavour and easy to put together, and something just a little different! Loved it!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
I made this last night as a side for venison chops. This was soooo good. I never had an onion dish before. I dont know why, cuz I love onions. I ate 1/2 of it too. Great recipe Notyourmomma. Posted a pic. More reviews here
moremrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it