Loose Meat Sandwiches ala RoseanneFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 1 pound ground beef, I use a ground chuck 80/20 shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3-4 dashes finely ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 half of a yellow onion, minced so fine, it is nearly juiced shopping list
- 1 generous squeeze of yellow mustard shopping list
- 1 dash of worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup of beer shopping list
- 4 plain hamburger buns shopping list
- dill pickle slices shopping list
- or alternately some really lumpy mashed potatoes! shopping list
How to make it
- Saute the ground beef, constantly working on breaking up the pieces until it is in very small pieces. Drain off the excess fat.
- Add seasonings, and continue to cook over low heat until the beer and liquid is reduced to near nothing. (I'm sure they didn't cook with beer in the Pinellas County School system, I added it because I liked the flavor it added to the beef.)
- Serve on a bun, topped with a dill pickle slice, more mustard if desired.
- Alternately, serve over a pile of mashed potatoes and a side dish of peas is a must!
- ***Seconds count-especially when dieting***