Stuffed ArtichokesFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs shopping list
- fresh basil and cilantro chopped shopping list
- ½ cup grated Pecorino-romano cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parsley, shopping list
- 5 cloves chopped galic shopping list
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 6 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 artichokes shopping list
How to make it
- Combine bread crumbs, Pecorino-Romano Cheese, parsley, basil, cilantro, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium bowl. Mix together well.
- Cut stems off artichokes, flush with bottom.
- Cut pointy leaves off the top of the artichokes.
- Take out fuzzy center in artichoke
- Spread leaves of each artichoke out and push stuffing in between them.
- In a pot just large enough to fit the artichokes, add the sliced garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the artichokes. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the top of the artichokes.
- Turn heat on to medium and cook until sizzling about 1-2 minutes. Add water to reach half way up the sides of the artichokes.
- Cover and cook until the artichokes are tender and a leaf is easily pulled out, about 45 minutes. If liquid is evaporating too quickly add a little more water.
- Transfer to a serving platter, drizzle a little of the liquid from the pot over the artichokes and serve. Surround with roasted red peppers aioli. picture by Lucy
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating15 people
I love artichokes, just never cooked one. My knife skills are not the best. I like dipping mine in red wine vinegar dressing, too.snufflebunny15 in Tierra Verde loved it
Heaven.artichokehearts in Seattle loved it
This is another' Winner' recipe in my book!!!
Thanks for sharing. I really 'respect' your choice of 'avatr'...
Also, I Love artichokes...anyway you can cook them!
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it