Home Made Dog TreatsFrom redhawk 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH salt, garlic powder or granules *Omit Garlic if your dog is sensitive to it...SOME DOGS ARE. shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons Shorting or Meat drippings shopping list
- 1 egg, Beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, (or raw, or honey, or molasses) shopping list
- 1/2 cup Cold water...(or make up broth of your choice and chill it down to mix in) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, milk, salt, garlic and sugar. Cut in shorting till mix resembles corn meal (course grains). Mix in Egg, and add water enough to form a ball. Roll dough out 1/2inch thick (between 2 wax paper pieces is easiest). Cut into shapes with cookie cutters. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet (for easier clean up line with foil...and grease that!)
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To add for humans (bread sticks) grated parm cheese if you like and aren't allergic! You can also chill this dough a few hours or over night if you want, sometimes makes it easier to roll, and also lets you finish up the next day if you have not time when you first mix them up.
- The original recipe came from my dear friend Pam in CA and her beautiful dog Autumn. Items in Paren () are MY thoughts not the original. It has since been tested in PA on over 8 dogs who gave it a BIG PAWS UP!
People Who Like This Dish 27
The Cookredhawk Hatfield, PA
The Rating6 people
I am making this for my dog! He has allergies and this sounds like it'll work for him! Thank you!pink in USA loved it
Hi Redhawk.I bet my doggies will love these!!!
I haven't had much luck finding pet-related recipes until now.Thanks 4 sharing!hoosiermom68 in Merrillville loved it
My little family has recently just adopted a little dog, part rat terrier and I have no idea what, but I want to make sure he gets the best there is. So I am looking out here for some recipe. I have already made him a little sweatshirt to match min...moretuilelaith in Columbia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!