Polish Honey Cake Or BabkaFrom lor 6 years ago
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- Grated rind of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or olive oil ;-) shopping list
- 1 cup honey shopping list
- 1 cup warm black coffee shopping list
- 3-1/2 cups all purpose flour, sifted shopping list
- 2-1/2 tsps. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Place the eggs, lemon juice, lemon rind, oil, honey and coffee in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Mix on low speed until well blended.
- Gradually add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, sugar and cinnamon, mixing for about 5 minutes or until well blended.
- Fold in the slivered almonds.
- Pour the batter into prepared tube or bundt pan.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Makes 1 cake with at least 12 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 39
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating15 people
Oh now this sounds good! Thanks for the post!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Oh yes, this is my kind of cake. Great post.
I would only suggest extra virgin olive oil instead of vegetable oil, the blends of evoo and honey make a perfect combination.invisiblechef in loved it
Wonderful post, what memories that cake holds for me. I can't wait to surprize Dad with a cake all his own for Christmas. Thank you.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it