Frito Munch CandyFrom annieamie 7 years ago
- 4 cups of thin pretzels, broken up into 1/2 pieces shopping list
- ** I used a bag of the peanut butter filled pretzels with great success instead of the pretzels. shopping list
- 4 cups Fritos, broken in pieces (I use Scoops) shopping list
- 20 mini Reese's peanut butter cups cut in half shopping list
- 1 1/2 stick of salted butter shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 cups salted "cocktail" peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat 350 degrees
- Line a jelly roll pan with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Place the Fritos and pretzels in the pan.
- Sprinkle with the Reese's cups and 1 cup of the peanuts.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat and then add the brown sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and boil for two minutes.
- Stir several times to make sure that the sugar is dissolving well.
- Pour the sugar mix over the dry ingredients in the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and using a wooden spoon, push the dry ingredients closer together on the pan.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and place the pan back in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan and spread the now melted chocolate over the dry ingredients.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of peanuts.
- Let the mixture cool for several hours until the chocolate sets.
- Cut into squares or break into pieces and serve.
- (The picture was borrowed from Anna's original recipe.)
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating17 people
OMG! WoW! This sounds great. I am going to have to print this out right now. Yum and thank you for the post. . . :Dshandy in Port Orchard loved it
Thank you for posting this, I think it looks great, bookmarking it to try. YUM
henrie in Savannah loved it
Absolutely wonderful combination of salt, sweet and chocolate. Made something very similar from momma's recipe file and it vanished in minutes from the bowl.snufflebunny15 in Tierra Verde loved it