Dried Fig Icecream with Fresh Figs and PistachiosFrom stonesoup 10 years ago
- 7 ounces dried figs, halved shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 20 ounces cream shopping list
- 10 ounces sour cream shopping list
- 5 egg yolks shopping list
- 2t vanilla extract shopping list
- large handful pistachio, toasted, to serve shopping list
- 6-8 fresh black figs, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sugar and figs with 1cup water in a small saucepan and stir over a low-heat until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put figs in a food processor with about 1/3 of the syrup and whizz until smooth. Allow to cool.
- Whisk yolks and eggs in an electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Slowly whisk in remaining hot syrup and beat for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream and sour cream and stir until smooth.
- When fig puree is cool combine creams, yolks, and puree with vanilla extract and refirgerate until well chilled.
- Churn in an icecream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- To serve cut a cross in the top 2/3 of each fig and push them to open up into a pretty flower like shape (see picture). Divide figs between plates and place a large scoop of icecream beside them. Top with toasted pistachios. Enjoy!
The Cookstonesoup Syndey, AU
The Rating13 people
This sounds amazing! Figs and pistachios -- mmm! Thanks for sharing!waterlily in Joplin loved it
Yup, I have an ice cream maker somewhere in the back of my pantry. Good reason to dig it out. Thanks for a yummy looking post. Got my 5. Cheers!dottiet in Woodward loved it
This is something they serve you at a five star restaurant. I love dried figs and Pistachios
trigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!