Macadamia Cashew CrunchFrom annieamie 9 years ago
- 2 cups bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate (The orig. recipe used milk chocolate chips.) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped salted macadamia nuts shopping list
- 1 cup chopped salted cashews shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 stick softened butter - do not substitute margarine shopping list
- 2 TB corn syrup shopping list
- *Options: shopping list
- This can be made with walnuts, pecans or even peanuts. You can use nuts that are not salted in this recipe. shopping list
How to make it
- Line a 9 inch pan with "release" aluminum, making sure that the foil goes over the edge of the pan so that you can pick the candy out of the pan with ease. You can butter regular foil and use that instead.
- Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with the chocolate chips.
- Place your butter, sugar, corn syrup and nuts in a large and heavy skillet and cook over low heat.
- Stir constantly until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. (10-12 minutes on my stovetop)
- Increase the heat to medium and stir constantly until the candy turns into a light golden brown color.
- Watch the candy carefully and stir when the candy starts to stick together. It will get harder to stir at this point.
- Pour the mixture over the chocolate in the pan.
- Spread the candy evenly over the chips. Do not mash the chips and allow them to melt on their own.
- Let this all cool for at least one hour and then refrigerate until firm.
- Remove from pan, peel off the foil and break into pieces or cut into squares.
- ***** I have to add this. I over-cooked this once because I could not get a golden "brown" color out of the sugar mass. It came out like a thick brittle after I refrigerated it and tried to cut it. So watch your candy while it cooks. It was still good but be careful!
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating2 people
Annieee, hi! Thanks for sending me this recipe for the bakesale. I ate two batches of this by myself over the last few days! I have to tell you that this was an excellent candy recipe. I love mac nuts as I told you. I never had anything like this whi...morecinnamon in Beverly Hills loved it
Oh my gosh, does that ever look good, love all the ingredients, adding this to my holiday things too. Thank you for the great recipe.henrie in Savannah loved it
I Like Food83 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Quick N Easy123 members
Kid Friendly Recipes207 members
I Can Because I Can106 members
Chocoholics Anonymous155 members
Christmas Candy166 members
Tried And True Recipes40 members
Local Kine Grinds38 members
Nuts And More Nuts52 members