Baked Apple Stuffed French ToastFrom henrie 6 years ago
- 1 (1 pound) French bread or baguette, cut into 1-inch thick diagonal slices shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese shopping list
- 8 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 2/3 cup half-and-half shopping list
- ½ cup maple syrup shopping list
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 (14-oz) can Comstock® or Wilderness® shopping list
- More fruit apple or cherry pie filling shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Spread one side of each bread slice with cream cheese. Fit bread slices snugly into bottom of lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 2. In large bowl, combine eggs, milk, half-and-half, maple syrup, vanilla; mix well. Pour over bread slices, cover; refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Next morning, remove dish from refrigerate; let stand 30 minutes, spread pie filling on top.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375°F (350°F for glass baking dish). Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into desired servings. Serve warm. Top with additional maple syrup or confectioners' sugar if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating9 people
Now this looks good!!! I can hardly wait to prepare it for my hubby. Thank you for sharing with all of us.lor in Toronto loved it
Omg,That looks & sound sooo good!
Thanks for your wonderful recipes.cookingbringmehappiness in Rockford loved it
Oh my gosh this looks good! Thanks so much for this great idea. I'm looking forward to preparing it for friends and family.mishi in loved it