Creamy Baked Apple SquaresFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown or white sugar shopping list
- Crust and crumb topping: shopping list
- 1 box super-moist yellow cake mix (the kind with pudding added to the mix) shopping list
- ½ cup butter, softened shopping list
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together filling ingredients and set aside.
- For crust and crumb topping, combine cake mix and butter until crumbly (I use a fork); reserve 2/3 cup for topping, adding the brown sugar and cinnamon to it.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into bottom on ungreased 9x13 baking dish.
- Arrange apple slices over crust.
- Spread sour cream mixture over apples (it's easiest to just place dollops of the mixture over the apples, then spread them together with the back of a spoon).
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top of sour cream mixture.
- Bake at 350 until top is browned nicely, about 35 minutes.
- Serve warm, with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers (I never do, but leftovers never last more than a day - if you're keeping it longer than that, then it would probably be best to keep chilled).
- NOTE: I have not tried this, but after I made this at my daughter's recently, we were talking about how good a cream cheese filling would be in place of the sour cream layer. If anyone tries this, please let me know - I think it would be very good!
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating6 people
I like this. looks good & easy Thanks!!!!cherihannah in Shickshinny loved it
This sounds so good! I think I will stick with the sour cream filling! Thanks for sharing..michellem in Idaho loved it
Love the picture..thanks for posting!michellem in Idaho loved it