Cream Cheese Coffee CakeFrom sunny 7 years ago
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 packages active dry yeast shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm water shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 packages cream cheese - softened, (8 ounces) shopping list
- 3/4 cup splenda shopping list
- 1 egg - beaten shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- sliced almonds, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, combine sour cream, sugar, butter and salt.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly for 5 to 10 minutes or until well blended. Cool to room temperature. In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add sour cream mixture and eggs, mix well.
- Gradually stir in flour. (Dough will be very soft.) Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, combine filling ingredients in a mixing bowl until well blended. Turn dough onto a floured board, knead 5 to 6 times. Divide into four equal portions. Roll each portion into a 12 x 8- inch rectangle.
- Spread 1/4 of the filling on each to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style from long side; pinch seams and ends to seal. Place, seam side down, on greased baking sheet. Cut six 'x's on top of loaves.
- Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Combine the first three glaze ingredients, drizzle over loaves. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Store in refrigerator.
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating4 people
This sounds really good, thanks for sharing your recipe.henrie in Savannah loved it
Sunny I'll bet almond extract would be good in the glaze.henrie in Savannah loved it
Can't wait to try this one!txbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it