Roasted Carrot Sweet Potato SoupFrom trigger 7 years ago
- 1 lb oven roasted carrots shopping list
- 1 pound baked sweet potato shopping list
- two apples pealed and cored and sliced shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1cup vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Singapore Pinch spice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry shopping list
- 1 to 3 teaspoons sugar depending on taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Chef's Magic ( from Chinese Market) shopping list
- Habenero Chipotle B-B-Q Sauce for garnish(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Coat the carrots and sweet potato with olive oil bake the sweet potato and the carrots for about 40 minutes until soft until the carrots take on a little brown color.
- In a pot place the apple slices and enough water to cover, bring to a boil and lower to simmer and cook until soft about 10- minutes.
- add the vegetable broth the carrots and the sweet potato flesh and boil for 20 minutes.
- Process until smooth in a food processor about five minutes.
- Add all the spices process for another minute to blend well and taste.
- Add sugar as needed
- If too thick add more water
- Return to pot to keep warm
- Serve into bowls and garnish with a swirl of your favorite B-B-Q Sauce
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating9 people
Excellent! :)noir in Boston loved it
This sounds delicious. What is Singapore Pinch spice, if I may ask?auntybea in Vernon loved it
This sounds fabulous =)ali4sls in Gastonia loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
Comfort Foods772 members
Southern Cooks556 members
Soup Is Good Food562 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Cooking To Prevent Or Beat Cancer41 members
Be My Valentine31 members
I Love SOUP97 members
You Are What You Eat56 members