Fried OystersFrom borius 7 years ago
- EQUIPMENT: shopping list
- Deep heavy pan (Dutch oven) shopping list
- Gallon zipper bag shopping list
- Colander shopping list
- OYSTERS: shopping list
- 1 pint fresh or packaged shucked oysters. shopping list
- 2 cups Italian style seasoned breadcrumbs. shopping list
- peanut oil, enough to deep fry. (or whatever oil you use for frying) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil to 350F in heavy pan.
- Drain oysters in colander.
- Put breadcrumbs in zipper bag.
- Add oysters to bag, seal, and shake to coat oysters with breadcrumbs.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- Remove from oil and drain on paper.
- Try not to bite your fingers when eating these. They are very good!