Hambone SoupFrom dugger 7 years ago
How to make it
- Soak beans overnight in cold water, enough to cover the beans.
- Drain and place in crockpot. Add all other ingredients except potatoes.
- Add enough water to cover and cook on low until beans are tender. About 12 hours.
- Remove hambone, remove chunks of meat and return them to the crockpot.
- Add pototoes, turn crockpot to high and cook for about an hour or until potatoes are done.
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating5 people
My family and I enjoyed this to the fullest. Thanks for a wonderful post. And of course a 5.victoriaregina in USA loved it
This is a great alternative to pea soup with the hambone...especially since my daughter hates pea soup! Got my vote of confidence and a bookmark!httpmom in San Francisco Bay Area loved it
That hambone makes this so good and different. I love that the ham and ham flavor is quite prominent. Great recipe - thanks! It's a keeper.lunasea in Orlando loved it