Hambone SoupFrom dugger 6 years ago
How to make it
- Soak beans overnight in cold water, enough to cover the beans.
- Drain and place in crockpot. Add all other ingredients except potatoes.
- Add enough water to cover and cook on low until beans are tender. About 12 hours.
- Remove hambone, remove chunks of meat and return them to the crockpot.
- Add pototoes, turn crockpot to high and cook for about an hour or until potatoes are done.
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating5 people
That hambone makes this so good and different. I love that the ham and ham flavor is quite prominent. Great recipe - thanks! It's a keeper.lunasea in Orlando loved it
This is a great alternative to pea soup with the hambone...especially since my daughter hates pea soup! Got my vote of confidence and a bookmark!httpmom in San Francisco Bay Area loved it
My family and I enjoyed this to the fullest. Thanks for a wonderful post. And of course a 5.victoriaregina in USA loved it