Portobello Mushroom StroganoffFrom wolfpackjack 9 years ago
- 3 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 3/4 lbs of portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 8 oz dried egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles, and cook till al dente, ~7 mins. Remove from heat. drain, and set aside.
- At the same time, melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring until softened. Turn heat to med-high and add mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are limp and browned. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir in vegetable broth stirring any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil and cook until mixture is reduced by 1/3. Reduce heat to low and return mushrooms and onions to the skillet.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir together the sour cream and flour; then blend into the mushrooms.
- Return skillet to burner and continue cooking over low heat just until sauce thickens.
- Stir in parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating8 people
you got my 5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
I love portabellos and they are very meat-like. I never thought about making stroganoff with them - until now. Thank you for the recipe, Dave hon. Great post!! =)lunasea in Orlando loved it
i was looking at your pictures and this one caught my eye, don't know how i missed it before. love thischeryilyn in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!