Roasted SalsaFrom sunny 6 years ago
- 2 tomatillos - peeled - sliced in half shopping list
- 8 tomatoes - divided - sliced in half shopping list
- 2 jalapeno peppers - whole shopping list
- 1 pablano peppers - whole shopping list
- 2 banana wax peppers - whole shopping list
- 1 med or 2 small white onion - sliced in wedges shopping list
- bunch of cilantro - chopped shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- Blender shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a heavy skillit or cast iron pan over med high heat on the stove. Place 3 tomatoes, sliced in half, and the tomatillos face down on the skillit. Place the onions and all the whole peppers on the skillit.
- When the tomatoes and tomatillos start to char, throw them in a blender. As the peppers and onions start to char on one side, turn them a bit. Continue this process till they are charred on several sides.
- When the peppers and onions are good and charred, put the onions in the blender, cut the tops off the peppers and add them to the blender - seeds and all - and put the rest of the tomatoes in the blender. Pulse on and off to blend but not to puree .
- Add the Cilantro and salt to taste and pulse to incorporate.
- Taste and adjust salt - serve with chips