Chicken Curry In Coconut MilkFrom cabincrazyone 9 years ago
- 2 Cups cooked chicken cubed to bite size (2 large breasts) shopping list
- 1 Cup chopped onion (about half a medium onion) shopping list
- 2 oz. olive oil shopping list
- 4 oz water shopping list
- 14 oz can coconut milk shopping list
- 6 Tblspns tomato paste (same as 3 ozs) shopping list
- 2 teaspns curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspn garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspn ground ginger shopping list
- 2 teaspns garam masala shopping list
- 2 teaspns sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspn salt shopping list
- -------- shopping list
- almond slivers for garnish shopping list
- 4 small servings of rice, prepared and hot to serve under chicken curry shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan. Simmer onion until translucent.
- Add curry, garlic, ginger, garam masala and stir while cooking one minute.
- Add chicken and water, scrape pan while stirring to mix in spices, simmer just until meat is heated.
- Remove canned coconut milk into a mixing bowl that's bigger than the can. Mix well. This makes it much easier to blend into the pan. Blend into the pan.
- Add rest of the ingredients. Simmer about 15 minutes to cook and blend the spices, and reduce consistency to your taste. Thicken with tomato paste if needed.
- Serve over rice, garnish with the almond slivers. Include warm pita or French bread to enjoy with the sauce.
The Cookcabincrazyone Duluth, MN
The Rating13 people
Oh this sounds like something we had in CA on vacation! Served with Pita and it was fantastic.. thank you.. Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Anouther high five,this sounds great....robertg in loved it
This looks yummy!pleclare in Framingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!