Corn Shrimp And Sausage SoupFrom donman 5 years ago
- 1 stick butter or margarine (1/2 cup if liquid) shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 yellow onions (chopped) (about 2 ½ cups) shopping list
- 2 green bell peppers (chopped) (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 2 heaping tsps. minced garlic shopping list
- 2 (14 ¾ oz) cans cream-style corn shopping list
- 2 (11 oz) cans niblet whole kernel corn (undrained) shopping list
- 1 (10 oz) can rotel milder tomatoes and green chilies (undrained) shopping list
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (undrained) shopping list
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 (6 oz) cans tomato paste shopping list
- 2 (8 oz) cans water shopping list
- 2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tsp liquid crab boil shopping list
- 1 (14 oz) Bryan beef smoked sausage. Slice in ¼ inch slices shopping list
- 2 Lbs. cleaned and peeled medium size shrimp shopping list
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes (chopped) shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions (chopped) shopping list
- 1 tbsp Donnie’s cajun seasoning Mix (or equivalent) (Recipe on my recipe page) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter or margarine and olive oil in a 10 qt Soup Pot or large Stock Pot over medium-low heat.
- Sauté yellow onions, bell peppers and garlic until onions are translucent (not green onions). Takes about 20 minutes.
- Add in cream-style corn, whole-kernel corn, Rotel tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, cajun seasoning, chicken broth and crab boil. Mix well and allow to simmer over medium-low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Turn heat up to medium and add shrimp, parsley flakes, sausage and chopped green onions. When shrimp turn pink, (in about 10 minutes) soup is ready to serve, but it can be (and is recommended) held at a simmer for up to an hour.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookdonman Hammond, LA
The Rating15 people
Sounds Wonderful!! Thanks:)4jenna in Independence loved it
Half the recipe, aw, shucks, hon...I'm thinking I'm going to double the recipe to please the chowhounds here. Sounds so doable and easy, not as complicated as others, plus I like all the ingredients. Let the good times roll, eh, friend!notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Great soup recipe, Don. Thanks! FIVER :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!