Cauliflower Steaks With Cauliflower PureeFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Using sharp heavy knife and starting at top center of cauliflower head, cut two 1-inch-thick slices of cauliflower, cutting through stem end.
- Set cauliflower steaks aside.
- Cut enough florets from remaining cauliflower head to measure 3 cups.
- Combine florets, 1 1/2 cups water, and milk in medium saucepan, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and cook until cauliflower florets are very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Strain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Spread florets on large rimmed baking sheet, and bake 10 minutes until slightly dry.
- Transfer florets to blender.
- Add reserved 1 cup cooking liquid and puree until smooth.
- Return puree to same saucepan and increase oven temperature to 350°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Brush cauliflower steaks with additional oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add cauliflower steaks to skillet and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake cauliflower steaks until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Rewarm cauliflower puree over medium heat.
- Divide puree between 2 plates; top each with cauliflower steak.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
Really unique way of doing cauliflower, thanks for sharing my friend - Amna:)atariq123 in Rochester Hills loved it
Ingenious and very different. Looks great too. Impressive enough for a restaurant menu, if you ask me. Great post, thanks for sharing.danadooley in Singapore loved it
This looked intriguing enough to make, but they turned out pretty bland (I ended up eating them with a ton of salt and pepper). If you can think of a way to spice them up, maybe... Otherwise, not something I'll make again.rcragun in Tampa loved it