Angel-hair Pasta With Fresh Tomato SauceFrom lunasea 9 years ago
- 1 small garlic clove shopping list
- 3 lb tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 lb dried capellini (angel-hair pasta) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- **** shopping list
- Accompaniments: shopping list
- finely grated parmigiano-Reggiano shopping list
- extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling (optional) shopping list
- fresh Mozzarella broken into pieces (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Mince garlic and mash to a paste with a pinch of salt using a large heavy knife.
- Core and coarsely chop two thirds of tomatoes. Halve remaining tomatoes crosswise, then rub cut sides of tomatoes against large holes of a box grater set in a large bowl, reserving pulp and discarding skin. Toss pulp with chopped tomatoes, garlic paste, lemon juice, salt, sugar (if using), and pepper. Let stand until ready to use, at least 10 minutes.
- While tomatoes stand, cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, until al dente, about 2 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and immediately add to tomato mixture, tossing to combine. (Add fresh mozzarella at this point if you go that route).
- Sprinkle with basil.
- NOTE:: Tomato mixture can stand at room temperature up to 2 hours.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating8 people
What a proffetional dish.Pass me the fork please :)ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
I have been cooking this for a long time!!!!! It is great, light and a wonderful dinner dish for a hot summer night!!! Thanks for the post.gingerlea in Tampa loved it
I love this dish! Fresh tomatoes with my favorite pasta(angelhair). This would also be great to take to a pot luck because it can be left out of the fridge for awhile. Great recipe, thank you. Marciamao65 in Griffith loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!