Jetts Pecan Sour Cream Pound CakeFrom jett2whit 5 years ago
- 1/2 Cup chopped toasted pecans shopping list
- 3 Cups cake flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 Cup butter(room temperature) shopping list
- 3 Cups granulated white sugar shopping list
- 6 eggs(room temperature) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure orange extract shopping list
- 8 oz. container sour cream shopping list
- Extra chopped nuts for garnish shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- 1 box confectioner sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 Cup orange juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F(150 degrees C).
- Grease and flour or sugar a 10 inch tube pan.
- Line cake pan with wax paper for easy removal later.
- Sprinkle the pecans on the bottom of the cake pan.
- Mix together flour, salt and baking soda in another bowl. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light & fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then add flavorings(vanilla and/or orange extract).
- Add flour mixture alternately with the sour cream.
- Pour the batter over the pecans in the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Run a butter knife around edges for easier removal of cake.
- Invert cake on a plate and remove the wax paper.
- Nuts that were once on the bottom are now on top.
- Prepare the glaze and drizzle over warm cake.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over cake.
- Take picture so you'll remember what it looks like since it will go quickly!
The Cookjett2whit Union City, GA
The Rating35 people
Wow that looks so yummie and pretty, I've got to make this one. Thanks for sharing, you got my 5 and I also flagged it as beautifulhenrie in Savannah loved it
Wow... ok my mom will be in heaven here!!! Got my 5!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
THIS CAKE LOOKS WONDERFUL. IF I CAN MANAGE TO MAKE IT WITH SPLENDA I WILL TRY IT.bigstmpr in Edgewood loved it
Southern Essentials223 members
Southern Cooks552 members
Pass Down Recipes310 members
The Pound Cake Lover In You30 members
Southern Sassyness70 members
Nuts And More Nuts52 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
The Unbroken Circle 335 members
BIRTHDAY CLUB122 members
To Err Is Human And Funny Too59 members