Chinese Roasted Crockpot ChickenFrom miriam 8 years ago
How to make it
- Place trivet or steamer basket in 4-5 quart crockpot.
- Rinse chicken and drain well, then pat dry with paper towels.
- Place celery, gingeroot, and green onions inside chicken.
- In small bowl, combine soy sauce and five spice powder to make a paste. Rub this mixture over the chicken. Place chicken on trivet inside crockpot.
- Cover crockpot and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours, until chicken is tender and juices run clear when pricked with fork and internal temperature of the white meat registers 180 degrees F.
- Discard vegetables inside chicken; carve to serve.
The Cookmiriam Winnipeg, CA
The Rating7 people
You just made my day with this post,thanks....Bobrobertg in loved it
This will be great for Crock Pot season! I learned about the Chinese five spice powder from another GR recipe. I have a bottle of it now, but it's posted in the recipe version, too.
dynie in Marietta loved it
I don't have a trivet or steamer basket. Would it be okay to use a bowl strainer or several tinfoil balls in the bottom of the crock pot to keep the bird in the air. I'm assuming that the idea is to elevate the bird so the fat will run off.
See ...morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!