Angel BiscuitsFrom jett2whit 8 years ago
- 1 package yeast shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons warm water shopping list
- 5 Cups plain all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon soda shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 4 tablespoons white granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 Cup shortening (Crisco solid) shopping list
- 2 Cups buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Sift flour with dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening.
- Add buttermilk and yeast mixture.
- Stir, then knead a few minutes.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with biscuit cutter and brush with butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Double the recipe! These freeze well after baking.
The Cookjett2whit Union City, GA
The Rating14 people
I love angel biscuits! :) My Mom used to make these when we were growing up!bakermel in Topeka loved it
I have been looking for a good biscuit recipe for years! This sounds so good. What a great recipe, Jett! (Stacking them with bacon and cheese does sound good, doesn't it?) YUM! Thanks so much for another wonderful recipe! Ohh apple jelly, too! Woowoo...moreannieamie in Los Angeles loved it
My best friends mother made the best angel biscuits in the world but when she "shared" her recipe, it was obvious she left SOMETHING out. She swore not. For Beth and I they came out like half the size and none of the taste! I threw that one away YE...morelindal34 in Vero Beach loved it