Irish Beef Stew With GuinnessFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 Lb beef stew meat Cut Into 2" Cubes shopping list
- 1 Large yellow onion Cut 1/4 Inch Slices shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic Chopped shopping list
- 1 Tsp Dried thyme shopping list
- 1 Tsp dried rosemary shopping list
- 3 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 1/4 Cup beef stock shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Guinness stout shopping list
- 1 Tbsp Chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/2 Lb carrots Sliced shopping list
- 2 Lb potatoes, 1 Inch Chunks my addition shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a 6 quart stove-top casserole and add the oil and bay leaves. Cook the bay leaves for a moment and then add the meat.
- Brown the meat on both sides on high heat (I flour the meat first). add the sliced onion and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Reduce heat to low and add the garlic thyme, rosemary and flour; stir until smooth. Add the beef stock and stout.
- Simmer, stirring until the stew thickens a bit. Add the remaining ingredients and cover.
- Place the pot in a 275 degree oven for about 2 hours, stirring a couple of times. Add salt and pepper to taste
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating7 people
I made something like this last year on St Patricks Day with some Irish Soda Bread... It was wonderful....This is a great meal....Good going Grizzzzz..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Sounds Perfect! :)donman in Hammond loved it
I'm starting to wonder if us English, Irish, Scott people are the only ones who like Guiness in our stew. Great recipe Grizz.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!