Cabbage Smothered And SouthernFrom cajunspices66 6 years ago
- 2 SMALL heads of cabbage OR 1 GOOD SIZE MEDIUM CABBAGE ( I DON'T USE THE LARGE heads of cabbage) shopping list
- 2 LARGE yellow onions shopping list
- seasoning ( I USE NATURES seasoning) shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- salt (ADD TOWARDS THE END OF THE COOKING PROCESS, TASTE BEFORE AND AFTER ADDING salt) shopping list
- sugar OR SPLENDA (TO YOUR DESIRED TASTE. PEOPLE DIFFER, SOME LIKE IT SWEET SOME NOT. sugar TAKES THE bitter OUT OF THE cabbage IN MY OPINION) shopping list
- MEAT (YOUR CHOICE OF bacon, SMOKED pork (WHICH I USE), ham OR ham hocks). shopping list
How to make it
- CLEAN YOUR CABBAGE, AND I CUT MINE INTO SMALL QUARTERS.
- IN A LARGE POT, PLACE YOUR CABBAGE, MEAT AND SEASONINGS.
- ADD 1/2 CUP OF WATER (CABBAGE TENDS TO MAKE ITS OWN JUICE)
- BRING TO A BOIL FOR A FEW MINUTES
- TURN DOWN TO A MEDIUM HEAT. PLACE A SEE THROUGH LID ON TOP OF YOUR POT SO YOU CAN KEEP YOUR SOUTHERN EYE ON THE CABBAGE.
- STIR CABBAGE A FEW TIMES TO HELP THE SMOTHERING PROCESS
- TASTE YOUR CABBAGE HALFWAY THROUGH, YOU MAY HAVE TO ADD A LITTLE BIT OF THIS OR A LITTLE BIT OF THAT. LOL!
The Cookcajunspices66 Pineville, LA
The Rating6 people
I love this kind of cooking! Cajun, you have some really great recipes! I'm so glad you're sharing them here!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Yeah baby. This is the only way I eat it (unless it's Napa). With lots of black pepper. Thank you.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Great One! Thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it