Lebanese Style RiceFrom jimrug1 9 years ago
How to make it
- Wash Rice until water runs clear. (Optional) Drain thoroughly.
- Saute' pasta in butter until medium - dark brown but not burnt. Add rice and salt. Stir constantly until rice is well coated with butter and begins to turn translucent.
- Add hot water, bring to a boil, and boil for 2 mins. Reduce heat to low, cover simmer 15 mins. Remove from heat, leave covered an additional 5 mins.
- To serve as a stand alone side dish. Top with Sauteed pine nuts or almonds in brown butter.
- Variation. To serve with chicken, add a pinch of saffron or 2-3 anatto seeds when frying the pasta to add a delicate orangish yellow color.
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating10 people
We love this recipe! I use chicken broth in place of the water, so will have to try your version. Thank you for the reminder, I haven't made this in a while.sheba in Lac La Biche loved it
Love this one... Thanks Jim... :-)berry in Winter Park loved it
I love the combination of rice and orzo - and I have both at home. Great recipe, Jim - thanks again.lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!