Chicken Au Gratin CasseroleFrom sparow64 7 years ago
- 2 tbsp softened butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tsp dried tarragon shopping list
- 2 whole cloves (optional) shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 cups rigatoni (or any other short pasta) shopping list
- 2 cups broccoli florets shopping list
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 lb havarti cheese, shredded shopping list
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Melt half the butter in a large pot over medium heat, add chicken and brown on both sides.
- Pour in wine and chicken broth, add tarragon, cloves, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover and let simmer over low heat for about 20 to 25 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Cook the rigatoni according to instructions on package, adding broccoli florets to the cooking water together with pasta.
- Drain and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and cut into dice. Keep warm.
- Mix together the second half of butter and the flour.
- Stir mixture into remaining juices in pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, gently stir in tortiglioni, broccoli and chicken dices.
- Pour in ovenproof dish, top with shredded Canadian Havarti cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown. Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 27
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating7 people
Love Havarti...Gotta make this soon....:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Wow, Sparow hon - this sounds so good and comforting. Thanks so much!lunasea in Orlando loved it
Sounds delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it