Anniez Orgasmic Black Bean SoupFrom ebonyeyedenigma 8 years ago
- 1 Cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1 Cup chopped red pepper shopping list
- 1 Cup chopped yellow pepper (Large) shopping list
- 1 Cup chopped orange Pepper shopping list
- 1 Cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1 Cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/3 Cup finely chopped jalapeno shopping list
- 2 Cans of S & W (50% Less Sodium) black beans shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons of cumin powder shopping list
- 2 Cups of water shopping list
- 6 Cups (1 Large 49 oz. Can) Low Sodium and fat free chicken broth. shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons fat free sour cream shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons LA VICTORIA Thick 'N Chunky Medium salsa shopping list
- cilantro (Optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté onions, various peppers, celery and jalapeno until onions are
- translucent, at a medium high heat; about seven minutes.
- Add all additional ingredients, EXCEPT Sour Cream, Salsa, and
- Cilantro. Stir ingredients throughly and then cover pot and cook on
- low to medium low for one to two hours.
- Garnish with a dollop of Sour Cream and a dollop of Thick 'N Chunky Salsa then top with a few sprigs of Cilantro.
- Servings: Makes 12 - 1 Cup Servings
The Cookebonyeyedenigma Seattle, WA
The Rating11 people
I believe you, Annie! So much so, that I'm gonna be making this recipe soon. I'm so glad it calls for canned beans instead of dried. I always procrastinate and make a big deal out of soaking dried beans. I know it's easy - I'm just lazy!
O...moremisslizzi in Philadelphia loved it
Sounds great Annie.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Ahhhh I see U like cumin as much as I do... wonderful and easy... Keep them coming..linebb956 in La Feria loved it