Spanish-Style Grilled Vegetables with Breadcrumb PicadaFrom lunasea 9 years ago
- On The Grill: shopping list
- 3 large red bell peppers (about 1 1/2 pounds), stemmed, seeded, quartered shopping list
- 4 large Japanese eggplants (about 1 1/4 pounds), trimmed, cut lengthwise into 3 slices shopping list
- 4 medium green or yellow zucchini (preferably 2 of each; about 1 pound), trimmed, cut lengthwise into 1/3-inch-thick slices shopping list
- extra-virgin olive oil (for grilling) shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- For The Dish: shopping list
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)* shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare grill (medium heat).
- Arrange vegetables on baking sheets. Brush with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill peppers, skin side down and without turning, until blackened and blistered, moving occasionally for even cooking, about 10 minutes. Enclose in plastic bag. Let stand until skins loosen, about 30 minutes.
- Grill eggplants and zucchini until charred and tender, turning and rearranging for even browning, 5 to 6 minutes. Place on foillined baking sheet.
- Peel peppers. Transfer to sheet with eggplants and zucchini.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper; stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add breadcrumbs; stir until golden, about 3 minutes. Season breadcrumb picada to taste with salt; scrape into small bowl.
- Place vinegar in another small bowl; whisk in 3 tablespoons oil. Mix in parsley and oregano. Season to taste with salt.
- Arrange vegetables on platter. Spoon herb dressing over; sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating8 people
Oooh ... I love my eggplant! Don't have to convince me ;)danadooley in Singapore loved it
LOOKS GOOD THANK YOU KEEP EM COMING YOURE ON A ROLLminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Another winner Lunny. Thank you.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!