Coconut FrushiFrom juliecake 8 years ago
- 1 1/4 c water shopping list
- 1 c uncooked sushi or other short grain rice shopping list
- 1/4 c sugar shopping list
- 1/4 coconut milk shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 10 tangerine or orange sections shopping list
- about 20 raspberries shopping list
- 1 6oz carton vanilla yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water and rice to a boil in med saucepan. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 min or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat, let stand covered for 15 minutes.
- Place rice in a large bowl. Add sugar, coconut milk, and salt, stirring gently until well combined. Cover and let stand 20 min.
- Lightly coat hands with cooking spray. Divide rice mixture into 20 equal portions, shaping each into a ball. Lightly shape each rice ball into an oval between palms, place on baking sheet lined with wax paper. Top each of the 10 ovals with 1 tangerine section, press gently to adhere. Top each remaining 10 ovals with 2 raspberries. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve with yogurt for dipping.
- Serving size 4 frushi pieces and 2 T yogurt.
- If the fruit won't stick to the rice, apply it with a dab of honey.
- Any fresh fruit will work with this recipe.
- Recipe taken from Cooking Light Magazine
The Cookjuliecake Bluffdale, UT
The Rating10 people
This sounds interesting to me and I will try it soon.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This sounds absolutely Delightful! We go out for Sushi often with my son and his family. They have a 4yo daughter who, understandably, doesn't eat the sushi with us.. but this! I can't wait to make some and take it to sushi night soon. Thanks for suc...moredee in Tampa loved it
How beautiful they are...hopefully I can make mine as pretty as yours! I can see so many variations to play with..kiwi, blackberys, almond slivers. What an eye-catcher.rdh14 in Niles loved it