Sweet Potato Waffles With Bacon And Toasted Pecans And Maple SyrupFrom chihuahua 8 years ago
- 6 bacon slices shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecan halves shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes, preferably red or orange shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 2 Tbs. butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 2 tsp. double-acting baking powder shopping list
- 1 Tbs. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground Black or white pepper, optional shopping list
- maple syrup, warm shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the bacon in a heavy skillet until crisp.
- Transfer bacon to absorbent paper and let cool; set aside.
- Pour off the bacon fat, return the skillet to medium heat and add pecans.
- Toast, shaking the pan, until the pecans are evenly browned.
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- Prepare and heat a waffle iron.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Break the eggs, one at a time, into a medium bowl and beat vigorously with a whisk until smooth.
- Fold in the mashed sweet potatoes, the milk and the butter.
- Set aside.
- Put the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and the pepper, if using, into a small bowl and stir with a fork.
- Add the flour mixture to the yam mixture quickly and stir briefly, just enough to moisten the flour. Do not overmix.
- Cook the waffles according to the waffle iron instructions until lightly browned but not too crisp.
- Transfer the cooked waffles to a plate and keep warm in the oven as you cook the remaining waffles.
- To serve, put one or two waffles on individual plates and drizzle with maple syrup. Scatter toasted pecans and crumbled bacon on top and serve immediately.