Chocolate ganache cheesecakeFrom ahmed1 9 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 ½ cups chocolate cookie crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 2 ½ (8 oz) light cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 4 ½ oz Philadelphia cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- ¾ cup sour cream or yogurt shopping list
- ¼ cup heavy cream shopping list
- ½ cup chocolate ganache mixture shopping list
- 1 tsp instant espresso coffee (optional) shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 9 ½ oz plain chocolate, chooped shopping list
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- Decoration: shopping list
- 2 tbsp roasted coffee beans shopping list
- 1tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 3 tbsp hazelnuts, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and line the base of a 25cm loose bottom cake pan and line the base with parchment.
- Mix the cookies crumbs and butter and press in the base of the pan, bake for 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, add vanilla and beat again. Mix in the sour cream and beat. Add the heavy cream and beat again then add the chocolate Ganache mixture and the espresso and beat until all mixed together. Pour over the baked crust and bake for 1 ¼ hours till set. Leave to cool in oven with door ajar. Chill for 3-4 hours.
- For the topping:
- Heat the heavy cream in a heavy saucepan until simmering point and pour over the chopped chocolate. Stir until chocolate melts. Add the butter and stir again. Leave to cool until thickens, stirring occasionally. Pour over the top of the cake smoothing with a spatula around the sides. Decorate all around the sides with the chopped hazelnuts and use the coffee beans and cocoa powder for the top. Chill again.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating16 people
Great recipe, Ahmed! It is so beautiful and I love the ingredients. I'll be trying this one for sure....thanks my friend...lunasea in Orlando loved it
Ahmed, you have another keeper! Sounds fantastic. And thanks for the step-by-step photos, that is so helpful! Glad you are up and running again posting recipes!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Over the top fabulous Ahmed!sunny in Portland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!