Cabbage SlawFrom mrtnzangel8 6 years ago
- 1 head cabbage, chopped shopping list
- 8 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 (3 oz) pkg uncooked ramen noodles (broken up) shopping list
- 2-3 Tblsp butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds shopping list
- 4 Tblsp sugar shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 6 Tblsp rice vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Toss cabbage, onions and noodles together.
- DO NOT add seasoning packet to noodles.
- In a small skillet, melt butter and stir in sesame seeds and almonds.
- Saute until lightly browned.
- Toss with the cabbage mixture.
- Combine sugar, oil, pepper, salt and rice vinegar in a blender, mix well.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss.
- Chill, stirring frequently.
- Can be made 2 or 3 days in adveance.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmrtnzangel8 SW, MO
The Rating7 people
This sounds like a really good slaw. Thanks for the great post.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Hubby loves slaw... I need to make this for him...good going Ang..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
I have a similar recipe called Summer Sumi Salad. Great anytime since there is no mayo.jett2whit in Union City loved it