Thai Coconut RiceFrom shine 5 years ago
How to make it
- Coat the inside of the pot with oil
- Add rice, coconut milk, water, and salt to the pot. Place pot on the stove over medium high heat. Stir well.
- Add the sugar and continue to stir (to keep the rice from sticking to the pot) until the mixture comes to a gentle boil.
- Once the coconut-water has begun to bubble, stop stirring. Turn down the heat to low. Place lid askew on the pot, so that it is at least 3/4 covered.
- Allow rice to cook in this way for 15-20 minutes, or until rice has absorbed most of the coconut-water.
- turn off the heat, but leave the pot on the burner. Cover the pot tightly with the lid and allow to sit 5-10 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Fluff the rice before serving
The Cookshine Rainier, WA
The Rating10 people
I just love coconut rice, but the ice cream/chocolate ginger idea is obscene...and I love it! Thanks!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
I love coconut milk and I love jasmine rice, so this has to be delicious! The rice and ice cream would be over the top! LOLjustjakesmom in Everett loved it
I have a similar recipe without the sugar, cooled and cut into 1x2 inch rectangles. However, I am sure yours is very delicious. I will try sometimes!kidaria in BC loved it