PestoFrom scearley 8 years ago
How to make it
- If you are using walnuts, pulse them in the processor to make them small enough.
- Put basil in the processor (with the pine nuts if you are using pine nuts) and pulse a few times.
- Add garlic, pulse a few times
- Turn the food processor on, and add oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Stop occasionally to scrape the sides of the processor with a spatula.
- Add the cheese and pulse until well blended.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- NB: If you are going to freeze the sauce, do not add the cheese. When you are ready to use the frozen pesto, thaw it, and add the cheese at that point in the processor.
People Who Like This Dish 52
The Cookscearley Federal Way, WA
The Rating7 people
This is real, basic pesto. None of the variations I've tried have really improved on it. I lost the recipe some years ago, though I've been guessing on the proportions since then. It's great to have it again. (This time I'll memorize it!)uhannigan in loved it
Just how I make it! Good post.suzalleogram in Easthampton loved it
A keeper. Thanks.dottiet in Woodward loved it