Grilled Lebanese Chicken With Garlic SauceFrom jimrug1 5 years ago
- 1 Recipe garlic Sauce (Posted in My Recipes) shopping list
- marinade shopping list
- 1 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 8 large garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- Leaves from 2 large sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 Tbls paprika shopping list
- 2 Tsps ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Sumac shopping list
- 3/4 Tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 chicken, cut into serving size pieces shopping list
- salt, black pepper, cinnamon to taste. shopping list
- BASTE shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup melted clarified butter shopping list
- 2 Tbls worcestershire sauce shopping list
- Reserve Maranade shopping list
- lemon wedges and chopped parsley to Garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk Lemon Juice, Garlic, Thyme, Paprika, 2 Tsp Cinnamon, Sumac and Cayenne Pepper in small bowl.
- Place Chicken in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Pour marinade over; turn Chicken to coat. (Alternatively you can marinate the Chicken in zip type bags.)
- Cover and refrigerate 4-6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove Chicken to a sheet pan fitted with a wire rack. Pat Chicken dry and set aside for about twenty minutes to dry further and come up to temperature.
- In a small saucepan wisk together Clarified Butter, Lemon juice Worcestershire Sauce and 2-3 Tbls of the reserved marinade. Heat over medium heat until just bubbling, Reduce heat and keep warm on very low heat.
- Prepare your grill: Put enough charcoal on one side of your grill to achieve a med hot fire. Keep enough space with no coals to be able to transfer meat from the hot side to the cool side. Make sure grates are clean and well oiled.
- Season Chicken with Salt and Pepper. Start thighs and legs about 10 mins before the breasts. Place Chicken skin side down on the medium hot side of the grill.
- Sear only long enough to get good grill marks. (about 3- 5 minutes per side.) Transfer Chicken to the cool side, baste all sides with the lemon/garlic butter sauce and dust lightly with cinnamon. Cover and roast about an additional 25 – 30 min. basting occasionally.
- Garnish with Parsley and Lemon wedges. Pass Garlic Sauce separately.
People Who Like This Dish 34
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating20 people
You've done it again Jim....Sounds wonderful....Never too many chicken recipes...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Interesting combination. The L&P probably tenderizes the meat. Love to try this! Thanks.kidaria in BC loved it
WOWIE! Jim this sounds incredible! I have it printed and waiting for the week end. I think Rob will love this one. You know I never seem to get recipes posted any more because I'm always trying other recipes on this site.
I've missed Vickie's p...moregrandmommy in Nashville loved it