Orange Peel CookiesFrom shuga 7 years ago
- 1/2 lb. butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup candied orange peel, chopped shopping list
- 1 orange, zest of shopping list
- 1 tbsp orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Oven: 325°F
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Beat in the salt and flour until large clumps form.
- Add orange peel, zest, juice, and vanilla. Mix well and press the dough into a tight ball.
- Shape according to how you want your slices to come out (rectangles, squares, rounds, wedges), wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Slice the dough to 1/4 inch thickness and place on cookie sheet with enough space between for spreading.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool completely on cooling racks.
- Melt chocolate gently (temper it if you will, but I am too lazy).
- Dip cooled cookies in chocolate or drizzle with chocolate and let cool until chocolate sets.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookshuga United States
The Rating12 people
Orange and chocolate are marvelous together, thanks for the this recipe, it is the best. Must add to my cookie swap list.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
These look wonderful. Thanks Suga!auntybea in Vernon loved it
I agree with NYM-what a great combo!!
I am going to a grad.party in 2 weeks and need to bring some goodies.Sounds like a hit!
Thanks for a great post.
Carrie ;)hoosiermom68 in Merrillville loved it