Unforgettable Potato CasseroleFrom unclefedor 6 years ago
- * potatoes, ~2 per person (as fresh as possible) shopping list
- * 2 carrots shopping list
- * 1 small zucchini (optional) shopping list
- * 2 red onions (white also ok) shopping list
- * 1 cup mustard (any kind, but no wholegrain; adjust amount according to number of servings and your desired bitterness) shopping list
- * 200g sour cream (use less for lower fat) shopping list
- * few slices of bacon (optional) shopping list
- * caraway seeds shopping list
- * salt & pepper shopping list
- * curry shopping list
- * 1-2 cloves garlic (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. peal off all veggies except potatoes - we want them with skins (not valid if potatoes not fresh)
- 2. cut potatoes into 5mm-thick (1/5 inch) discs (yes, with skins). roughly cut onions into wedges. cut zucchini and carrots into sticks.
- 3. spread some olive oil to the casserole or large oven proof heating pan (better use deeper one for there will be a lot of stuff)
- 4. evenly lay potatoes on bottom
- 5. lay other veggies on top (and chopped garlic, bacon), sprinkle your favorite spices and/or herbs - this step is almost free choice, "put all I want/have"
- 6. mix mustard and sour cream, adding caraway, little salt and pepper, and curry
- 7. spread mixture over veggies (sprinkle some grated hard cheese like Parmesan if available for added crispness and aroma)
- 8. put into preheated oven and cook until veggies are soft, everything melts or some nice golden crust forms.
The Cookunclefedor Tula, RU
The Rating11 people
Great vegetable combo casserole. It's being placed high on my recipe to do list. Thank you so much for sharing.mishi in loved it
I agree with Leonora and Mishi and I will be preparing this recipe very soon! I know several people who will enjoy this very much. You deserve 5 forks for a great recipe.lor in Toronto loved it
Sounds great! :)bakermel in Topeka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!