Grilled Romaine LettuceFrom lilliancooks 6 years ago
- 2 Heads romaine lettuce - cut in half lengthwise and washed. shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried minced onion shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place split heads of Romaine lettuce in a freezer bag .Mix all other ingredients together in a seperate bowl and pour in bag.
- Lay bag flat in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Then turn bag over and lay flat again for another 15 minutes.
- Pre heat grill.
- On medium heat, grill Romaine for about 2 minutes on each side.
- serve warm.
The Cooklilliancooks Long Island, NY
The Rating14 people
This looks great. I also had a grilled caesar salad once at The Chop House in DC. Something about grilling the romaine lettuce really brings out an extra depth of flavor.jencathen in loved it
Well, I would never have thought of cooking lettuce, but this sounds really good. I have to try it. Always looking for something new & you just shared with us. Thanks so muchbrianna in loved it
This was the biggest surprise I've had in a while...not that I didn't think it would be good, but I didn't know it would be THAT good! :) I'm not sure that I got the "Chinese Vegetable" taste, but I was so surprised at how much flavor this had! I f...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it