Polenta Parmesan With Sauteed ChickenFrom lilliancooks 8 years ago
- cheese flavored polenta - cut into 1/4" thick slices shopping list
- 3 chicken cutlets - cubed and sauteed in olive oil, garlic, onion , salt and pepper. shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- Mykidsmom's Sauce Recipe: shopping list
- 2 tbls. olive oil shopping list
- 4 shallots - minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic - minced shopping list
- 28oz. can Italian plum tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 8 fresh basil leaves - shredded shopping list
- salt + pepper to taste shopping list
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add shallots and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, juice and all. Break them up and stir well. Add sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or til thickened. Stir in basil. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. shopping list
How to make it
- Assemble Recipe:
- Grease a 9 x 13" baking dish. Put a layer of sliced polenta covering the entire bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with half the Italian blend shredded cheese. Add half the sauteed chicken on top. Then add half the marinara sauce. Repeat layers one more time.
- Top with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or til cheese is browned.
- Remove from oven and let it set for about 15 minutes, before cutting and serving.
The Cooklilliancooks Long Island, NY
The Rating12 people
Lovely recipe! Thank you for sharing :+D FIVE!chefelaine in Muskoka loved it
No wonder your dinner guests leave your table
"full and happy!" Thank-you so much for sharing
this WOW "5"FORK!!!!! creation...
Great photo...of this luscious food!
~*~ mjcmcook ~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
This is wonderful - I flagged your photo as gorgeous and added a comment there as well! One quick question for ya... when you say cutlets, did you previously bread and fry them? Or are they unbreaded...just asking, I want to get the recipe perfect......moredivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it