Beef Stroganoff Sandwich-ciFrom keni 6 years ago
- 2lb round steak("cubed" at the supermarket or butcher, or very thoroughly tenderized at home), and sliced into 1in pieces shopping list
- 1 onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 12oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef stock shopping list
- 2t worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2t dijon shopping list
- 1t paprika shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk or half and half shopping list
- 8oz sour cream shopping list
- 8 slices mild white cheese(swiss, jack, farmer's, etc) shopping list
- 1 large loaf, or 2 small loaves, baked ciabatta bread shopping list
- 2T butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Slice bread into 8 equal portions, then cut each portion through the middle to create sandwich halves.(as seen in finished dish photo)
- Brush inside of each half with melted butter and place in 250 oven to "toast" while preparing meat.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika in large bowl.
- Add meat and toss to coat.
- In LARGE skillet, brown meat in butter and oil and add garlic, onions and mushrooms about halfway through.
- When cooked, add beef stock and bring to boil, stirring often so as to prevent any lumps.
- Add milk, worcestershire sauce, dijon and parsley and continue to cook to thicken and heat through. Add more salt and pepper, if needed
- Add sour cream and mix to combine.
- Top half of bread with a slice of cheese then spoon on the meat mixture. Top with remaining bread pieces.
People Who Like This Dish 25
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating6 people
I am surprised that this has not been thought of before, almost like a meatloaf sandwich.
Great idea Keni
Michaeltrigger in loved it
What a great idea.I know hubby would love this!
Thanks for a great post!
P.S...check out my new rat pics!hoosiermom68 in Merrillville loved it
Awesome sandwich! We loved it ;) Check out more here Beef Stroganoff Sandwichmommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it