Peach fondant wedding cakeFrom ahmed1 8 years ago
- butter cake: shopping list
- 170 grams flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 125 grams butter, unsalted at room temperature shopping list
- 250 grams granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk at room temperature shopping list
- 200gm fondant topping shopping list
- Melted chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a 22cm cake pan and preheat oven to 375F.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar for 3 minutes till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Each should be beaten for 1minute.Add the vanilla and beat again scraping the bowl sides with a rubber spatula.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and add one third to butter mixture and beat. Add one third of the milk and beat on low speed. Continue alternately adding the ingredients in the same manner ending with the last third of the flour mixture. Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes till springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Split cake in half and spread half of jam over top. Cover with the second half and spread the rest of jam all around the top and side of the cake.
- Roll the fondant batter and cover the top and side of the cake. Tighten sides with your hand and use a rolling sharp knife to trim any excess. Decorate with chocolate.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating14 people
Cannot go wrong with that! Another winner! 5*gourmetana in London loved it
I have worked with fondant and gum paste also. Not hard if you have patience. You did a great job as usual. Don't know if you saw my avitar of my gum paste and fondant cake I had on about a week ago? Making gum paste or fondant flowers is like a type...moremidgelet in Eastern loved it
beautiful and modern delicious for a weding!magali777 in Mexico loved it