Award Winning Chicken ChiliFrom marky90 6 years ago
- 3 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 Lb Boneless chicken breast or Thighs, sliced. shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups yellow onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp red chili Flakes shopping list
- 1 Tbs Fresh Minced garlic shopping list
- 2 Tsp minced fresh Jalepeno peppers shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups chicken stock shopping list
- 3 Tbs chili powder shopping list
- 1 Can (28 Oz) whole tomatoes, undrained and broken up shopping list
- 1 Can (29Oz) tomato puree shopping list
- 2 Cans (15 Oz) dark red kidney beans, drained shopping list
- 1 Can (15Oz) hominy shopping list
- 1/3 Cup Fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbs Fresh squeezed lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat Olive oil in a large stockpot. Saute' chicken until cooked.(about 8 minutes) Add onions and reduce heat. Cook for additional 3 minutes, until onions are tender.
- Add the rest of the remaining ingredients (Except the cilantro and lime juice) and simmer, very low for 30 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and cilantro just prior to serving, stir a few times.
- Top with Sour Cream, Cheddar and tortilla chips. Also a few chunks of fresh pineapple for garnish. Delish.
People Who Like This Dish 30
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating15 people
YUMMY with lovely presentation my dear!
^ ^ ^ ^ ^5! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Beautiful recipe, Marky!
FIVE from here ! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Sounds tasty. Thanks so much Marky. I am not so sure about the hominy but am willing to give it a go. Great pic's. ;)lura in Welcome To loved it