Wonderful Apple Pie FillingFrom lanacountry 8 years ago
- apple pie filling shopping list
- Recipe is from All Recipes.com shopping list
- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ shopping list
- You may double or triple this! shopping list
- 5-1/3 cups thinly sliced apples shopping list
- 2-3/4 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups white sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup and 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice and set aside.
- Pour water into a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- Add to water, stir well, and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add apples and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until apples are tender, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Seal and freeze if there is leftovers..
- Can be stored for up to 12 months.
The Cooklanacountry Macon, GA
The Rating20 people
These would never make it to the freezer....we'd be putting them on everything!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Do you have to put them in a pie?! I just want to sit and eat them with ice cream! 5!markeverett in Riverside loved it
OMG Lana saving this treasure, it is apple picking time and I am taking advantage of the fresh locally grown apples now before the winter apples come in.
Another way to be frugal is to buy local produce fruits and vegetables.
moretrigger in loved it