Baked Pierogi RollupsFrom juels 6 years ago
- For the dumpling dough: shopping list
- 2 1/3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup warm (not hot) water shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- For the filling: shopping list
- 1/2 lb ground pork shopping list
- 1/2 lb ground beef shopping list
- 1 tbsp. steak rub seasoning shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt, pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup light cream, OR milk shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, shredded shopping list
- 2 med. tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- oil for sauteeing shopping list
- 1 handful fresh parsely leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (like cheddar, colby, or mozzarella) shopping list
How to make it
- For the dumpling dough:
- Combine flour, egg,1 cup water and salt in a large bowl. Mix well to combine. Transfer dough on a flowered surface and knead until it is smooth and comes together nicely, about 6 minutes. Work in a little more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Roll out the dough into a thin rectangle.
- For the filling: Sautee the onions and carrot in about 2 tbsp. of oil, until lightly golden. Add chopped tomatoes and sautee until most of the liquid evaporates. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the chopped parsely and turn off the heat.
- In another medium bowl, combine raw ground beef and pork. Add 1 tsp. salt, 1 tbsp. steak rub seasoning and pepper to taste. Add 1/2 cup of milk or light cream. Mix well.
- Spread the meat mixture over the dumpling dough, leaving about 1 inch from the side that would be sealed. (Refer to the picture).
- Spread 1/2 of the vegetable mixture over the meat, sprinkle with 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
- Roll up tightly, starting from the end with the meat. Seal the roll (no need to seal the side edges).
- Cut in to small rolls. Dip each roll into flour on both sides. Place them on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Top with the rest of the vegetable mixture. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 375F oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and bake 5 min. more, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with a dallop of sour cream on top, if desired.
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating24 people
These look like a winner! Pierogis, bierocks,etc this things are great! I printed off this recipe and it is on my todo list! Thank you for posting it.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
Superb!! Flagged as interesting/unique as well as beautiful!! HIGH FIVE, Julia!! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Wonderful recipe, sounds great.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it